Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I have been away. I know. It is hard for me to even begin to put the story together, but to make it short I shall say that I had to go home to attend to a sick mother and to see a cousin who's very, very ill. I ask for your prayers for my mother who will see the cardiologist today and for my 25 year old cousin who's fighting for his life in a hospital in Mexico due to diabetes and multiple organ failure.

Otherwise things are going well at the novitiate but I'm very, very worried. I can't help it, but I like to always think of one of the first phrases that caught my attention in the Spanish Liturgy of the Hours and that is: "Dios nunca se deja ganar en generosidad para con sus hijos e hijas" (God is never outdone in generosity towars his sons and daughters)

May the Incarnate Word continue to bless us and teach us even in the midst of the hard times. May He strenghten my vocation and my resolve to follow him "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part."

Amen.

1 comment:

SHE2011 said...

Know that you, your mother, and your cousin are in my prayers. May God bless your family and continue shedding His grace into your soul.

I love your blog!

God bless you!