Friday, November 16, 2007

Inter Community Novitiate

I'm back in the blogging world. I had been away because we had our Inter Community Novitiate meetings. We had two; one in Dallas, Oct. 21-24 and the second one was here in Corpus Christi, Nov. 12-14. The topic in Dallas was prayer and the one here in Corpus was on the vow of celibacy. We had novices from all over Texas: 5 Dominican Brothers of the Southern Provice (Albert the Great) 2 Mercy Sisters, 1 Cordimarian Sister, 1 Sister of Charity of the Incarnate Word, 1 Sister of the Holy Family of Nazareth and Sr. Theresa and myself.

We still have two more sessions to go. The next one will be in San Antonio in February and then the next one in Laredo, TX sometime after that. The meeting gave us much food for the soul. I know it will take us all a while to process everything but being novices we are all privileged with time for this. By the way, the meeting was also lots of fun! If you doubt it, just look at the slide show which was prepared by Sr. Theresa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helga,
I'm glad you're mom is ok. I've been praying for your family. And I loved your poem. Thanks for the depth of your sharing of faith.
Annie