Sunday, December 09, 2007

I got tagged!

O.K, so after going back to Brittany's blog (Salesian pre-postulant) I found out what being tagged means. So, here are the rules to the The Immaculate Conception Meme

Rules: Each tagged person must post 8 random facts or habits about themselves on their blog. At the end of the post, choose 8 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment telling them that they are tagged and to read your blog. Have fun!

1) I am terrible at math but again, everyone who knows me KNOWS that. The random fact is that I begged my University math professor to help me out (as a senior in College). I'm brilliant but again, I can not divide, or substract. I can add and sort of multiply...He-He, that's why I either teach literature, language or tiny ones.

2) I read alot. I downloaded the reading list for a Master's Degree in Literature from some University and I am halfway through the list. I love literature, especially Iberian and Latinamerican.

3) I eat a lot of chiles. Not as Texan chillie but chile as in jalapenos, habeneros, serranos, piquin (or pitin.) I can eat as much as 20 of them in one sitting. I also grow my own.

4) I am allergic to Cinnamon. I suffer during the Christmas season when everything has cinnamon.

5) I have a minor in Translation. I translate poetry to relax.

6) I own 25 dicctionaries. I read them. I study them. One day, sitting at the doctor's office, the receptionist was so tickled at seing someone reading a dicctionary istead of a book or magazine. I say, and what is so weird about that? I try to read a section a month, right now I'm in the g section. I find 10 words I do not know, write them down and tey to use each word at least three times. By the way, I'm reading the Spanish dictionary now. I am the proud owner of a "Diccionario de la Real Academia Espanola.)

7) I study violin. A couple of weeks ago our Sister Treasurer went around the house thinking there was a cat inside. It was me tunning. I have my grandfather's violin, a 1923 John Jusek.

8) I am obsessed with Pablo Neruda's poetry. I love his Poem # 20. I use it as a mantra when I want to concentrate in something. I also dream of going to Isla Negra (he lived there) and visiting his house, now turned into a museum.

O.K, so I tagged Sr. Nicole, Sr. Helena, Sr. Julie, The Summit Dominicans, Javier (Rosas para Maria, and Sr. Teresa. I realize this isn't quite eight, but I told you I had a problem with math (truth is, I don't know that many people with blogs.)

5 comments:

Sr.Nicole Trahan said...

Helga!
It's so good to hear from you! I am hoping to complete the "tagged" instructions at some point this evening.
Those random facts you posted... I can learn a lot from you! I had no idea you had such a love for language and literature. What a blessing and a gift. Those are not necessarily my gifts, though.
I'm sorry you and I didn't speak more when we both lived in Texas and were pre-novices.
Mutual prayers,
Nicole

Falsagotica said...

Felicidades por el blog.

que Dios os bendiga.

Javier said...

Hecho: postee el "tagged" y marqué las 8 personas. Saludos y QDTB (Que Dios Te Bendiga)

Javier

sr betsy said...

Funny about the cinnamon - my older sister is allergic to it as well; hence, we never used it in our house.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a great post and the review, I am totally impressed!