Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Preparing for the birth of Jesus


It has been busy here at the novitiate, besides the usual preparations at the house and the spiritual ones, well, some of us take the child within us out to play.


I had a box of clay for some other project I never really started, let alone finished. With it,I decided to make a nativity scene and prayed with the scriptures that speak of the nativity of Christ.



(I especially enjoyed making the crowns for the Three Kings and the Star of Bethlehem!)





"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14



"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Emmanuel." Isaiah 7:14



Here is my prayer turned into a nativity!
I can't wait for Christmas.
Come Jesus! Hurry! Come very soon!


6 comments:

Javier said...

Saltando de blog en blog por la Cristosfera llegué hasta aquí. No entiendo muy bien el inglés, pero le mando un cordial saludo, hermana, desde Madrid, España. Que Dios la bendiga y que Jesús nazca en su corazón estas Navidades.

Brittany said...

you have been tagged!

sr betsy said...

you been tagged by me, too :)

http://motherseton.wordpress.com

Helga said...

Tagged? (looks around) Tagged? What is that?

Helga said...

Gracias Javier, de vez en cuando escribo en Espanol, pero parece ser que mas personas leen en inglés. Sigue visitando, proimeto escribir en espanol mas seguido)

Garpu the Fork said...

That's a great nativity set! With everyone posting about their sets, people are goading me into getting one, I think...or at least looking. :)