Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sr. Elizabeth and her mischief

Well, we're finally finished with Chapter. It was truly a gift and a blessing to be able to be present (even if I can not vote because I'm not finally professed.) The days were long (and there was lots and lots of sitting) but the conversation was good and just being there, with my nuns made the sitting seem like less.



One of the highlights of the week was Sr. Elizabeth playing a joke on Sr. Emma Marie. It all started because someone found an orphan rosary and Sr. Emma Marie said: "Oh, can I have it?" Some times I am outside or in a different placeo f hte house and I do not have my rosary with me..." So, Sr. Elizabeth, being so clever, went around the house, gathered A LOT of rosaries and taped them to her door with notes:


For 1st flor, for 2nd. floor, for 3rd floor, for laundry room, etc.



Of course, she was caught in fraganti by yours truly...and I happened to have a camera to capture her Irish humor...

Who said life in a convent was boring?
The prankster

6 comments:

PABLO ISOF said...

HA.. LAS CHISTES DE LAS MONJAS!!! HEHE!!

TENGO BUENAS NUEVAS...VOY PORFESAR
THE LAST WEEK IN JULY DURING IN OUR RETREAT...IN THE CONVENT OF THE CROSS...I WILL BECOME A FRANCISCAN OBLATE...A MEMBER OF THE SECULAR INSISTUTE...YOU ARE OF COURSE INVITED BUT I THINK IT WILL BE HARD FOR YOU

Helga said...

Felicidades, Pablo!

Donde esta el convento de la Cruz?

paul isof said...

sorry..it took so long to respond ...it will be in monterrey nuevo leon...casa de retiros de la madres de la cruz during our annual retreat//pray for me cause i need them!!!

Anonymous said...

the date will be the 21st of july at 7 pm

Helga said...

¿Oye Pablo, vas a venir a mi profesión? lástima que no puedo ir a la tuya pero te tendre presente en oración....

¡8 días!, supongo que ya estarás en retiro....

pablo isof said...

nope....i wish i have to work ....but i am trying to prepare as best i can ...with three days of prayer

i plan on going to your profession