Saturday, August 16, 2008

Profession Pictures






Sr. Michelle Marie: Sister Mary Helga, what do you ask of God and of God’s Church?




















Sr. Mary Helga: I ask to be incorporated into the religious community of the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament through the profession of the public vows of celibate chastity, poverty, and obedience. I pray for the grace of perseverance in dedicating my life, through the vows, to the formation of a community of worship and service centered in the Person of the Incarnate Word.






Sr. Michelle Marie: Why do you wish to take this step?

Sr. Mary Helga: In Baptism I have been called to participate in the life and mission of Christ. I wish to respond to the call as a vowed member of this religious community committed to bringing about “a Christian wholeness in each person and Christian unity among all.”


Sr. Michelle Marie: (addressing the religious community)

Sisters, are you willing to incorporate Sister Helga into our community as a Sister of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament?

Sisters: yes, we rejoice in God’s election of Sister Mary Helga, and we pray that together we may participate ever more effectively in the mission of Christ. May our community be an increasingly clear sign of the Reign of God yet to come.

Presider: The Church of Corpus Christi also rejoices in this new strengthening of one of her religious communities and sees it as a manifestation of God’s love and goodness. May the sign of your community be a continuing inspiration to all who witness your life together.

Sr. Michelle Marie: Sr. Helga, may God grant you the grace to fulfill what you desire.

All: Amen.



(The assembly stood while the choir sang Psalm 115 and all the sisters came to greet me and welcome me.

How can I repay You, o God, for your goodness to me?














What can I say? I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for all of God's goodness to me. It seems like a long time ago that I was 21 years old and discerning. I had no idea that God was going to give me so much more than what I left behind.


I had been waiting to write, to share with you this joy, this wonderful thing in my life, but I can not. I do not have the words to express this feeling, this "knowing with the heart." So, I will keep it and ponder these things in my heart.

Please continue to pray for me as I start this new stage of formation.

Praised be the Incarnate Word!



Now and forever. Amen!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Where? Where? Ooo OOO I want to see!

I am back in California now!

Write soon! I lost your address!

Love,
Me

sr betsy said...

oh, no photos

Brittany said...

Awesome. :-)

You look so happy! I am so happy for you, Sr Mary Helga!

sr betsy said...

yeah! pictures....more in e-mail :)

Patty said...

So lovely! Thanks for the photos!

Lisa said...

Sincerest "Congratulations," Sister! How happy I am for you! On Saturday as we celebrated the first profession of our Sister Amy, I also prayed for you and joined in your celebration spiritually. Continue to count on my prayers.

Ruso said...

Enhorabuena sor Helga.

Theresa said...

I am glad to have you, Sr. Helga!
Thanks for saying "YES"
Theresa Nguyen