Thursday, August 25, 2011

Perpetual Vows, July 30, 2011



On July 30,2011 I was finally able to say yes to God forever. My journey with the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament took a little over 13 years. I met the IWBS Sisters when I was 19 years old, rather insecure and frightened when contemplating such a big plan of God for my life.
 
 
My years of formation were long but blessed. There were many moments when I doubted that I had what it takes to be a Sister of the Incarnate Word, but I never, ever doubted that God wanted me. I just doubted my ability. God, however, carried me through, and on July 30, I responded to God: "Yes, I want to be yours forever!"


It is amazing how I have changed through the years. I started this blog as a postulant and I have journeyed through postulancy, novitiate, temporary and now final vows.
A dear friend of mine once asked me: "How is your life going to change?" And many times I have not been able to answer, but I think that this time I have my response:
 
 
Jeanne Chezard de Matel, our foundress, once heard from Jesus and recorded it in her journal: "I have made you a crystal, but remember that you are as fragile as glass. You make me known because your childlike simplicity renders you transparent. I reveal myself through you like a mirror. You have seen how I have placed you like a crystal vase upon the altar...your should be a transparent crystal wherein I wish to dwell. " (Complete Works 1, Autobiography, p.401)

I want to become a crystal vase. That my life may be so transparent that others may see Christ and not me. That I may be a place where Christ
chooses to dwell.
 
 
 
May my life be an extension of the Incarnation so that I may become, like thousands of others before me, an authentic Gospel of Love.


Praised be the Incarnate Word!

No comments: